Affidavit, Rodney Woodberry
initials are indicated in red
STATE OF NORTH
COUNTY OF GUILFORD
Woodberry, being first duly sworn and deposed say the following in
regard to Ted Kimble and events of October 9, 1995:
I. My full name is Rodney Woodberry.
2. I was born on the 5th day of November, 1962, in Davidson county
in the state of North Carolina.
3. I am currently employed at
Bojangles, 2403 Maple Avenue,
Cobb Sign Co., Elmira Street,
Burlington, N.C. as a cook.
4. I have been employed at
for approximately three (3)
months Four (4)
5. On or around July 7, 1994, I was employed at Lyles Surplus
Building Material, 1700 W. Lee Street in Greensboro, N.C.
6. While at work I developed a friendship with Ted Kimble that
7. On or around August 4, 1995, I ended my full-time employment with
Lyles Surplus Building Material.
8. My full-time employment ended after I was suspended from working
at Lyles Surplus Building Material, after which I only worked there
on a temporary basis.
9. During my employment at Lyles Surplus Building Material, I also
did work for Ted Kimble at his residence.
and I continued to do some work at the Kimble residence
after ending my employment at Lyles Surplus Building Material.
10. While employed at Lyles Surplus Building Material, I knew Ted
and Patrician Kimble on a personal level.
11. I observed Patricia Kimble at Lyles Surplus Building Material on
12. From my observations, the Kimbles appeared to be a happy and
13. I never saw Ted and Patricia Kimble fight or argue with one
14. I learned of Patricia Kimble's death by watching television at
15. Upon learning of Patricia Kimble's death, I attempted to contact
Ted Kimble, but did not reach him until just before the memorial
16. I have never heard Ted Kimble say he wanted or wished harm to
come to his wife, Patricia.
17. I have never heard Ted Kimble discuss or plan to commit a crime.
18. Ted Kimble has never asked me to participate in any criminal
19. Ted Kimble has not and did not ask me to kill or participate in
the death of Patricia Kimble.
Page 1 of 2
Mr. Rodney Woodberry
January 29, 1996
20. I have seen no indication and I
do not believe that Ted Kimble was involved in the death of Patricia
21. I have no information about the death of Patricia Kimble except
for what has been broadcast on television.
22. I have no knowledge of and do not believe that Ted Kimble uses
or sell any controlled substances.
I have provided the above information
(1 through 2
freely and truthfully to the best of my ability. I have read all the
above mentioned statements and have verified the accuracy of each
I certify the above named individual
appeared before me this the 21st day of March 1996.
My commission expires
R.L.W. 23. On
the day of Patricia Kimble's death, October 9, 1995, I was at my
residence in Graham, 711 Oaklay Street.
R.L.W. 24. At
approximately 6:30 pm, I went to Carolina Careers on Maple Avenue to
fill out a job application.
Page 2 of 2